Monday, July 14, 2008

I was getting desperate

When Nicole and I first moved into her mom's apartment we brought along our satellite receiver for television. I first contacted the apartments to see if I could get access to the closet where all of the television cables were located so I could hook up my TV. I was told that the apartments contracted through an outside company and they could not let me hook up to the equipment without their permission. I contacted the satellite company and asked them to let me into the closet. They told me basically that I could not have access. They wanted me to do a dishmover so that they would be paid by dishnetwork for coming and plugging my cable in. Because of the nature of the account I have I can not do a dishmover. They still would not let me in. So for three weeks every time I passed the locked closets where the cables were I got angry. So when I learned that starting on the 14th of July my favorite cartoon, Avatar the Last Airbender would start showing a new episode every night leading up to the series finale the following weekend I became desperate. I have a paint scraper in my tools that is very thin and has a nifty little hook on one side that I thought would be perfect for breaking into a closet. So last week shortly after work I took my tool and went outside. I thought it better to go in the daylight so people who saw me would think I had a right to be in the closet. Out of the four closets I had narrowed the possibilities down to two. It took me a minute to break into the first one only to see a breaker box. I immediately moved over to the next closet. It opened right away. An internet worker the day before had accidentally left the door open. Inside was a mess of cables. To most people that would have been an ugly sight seeing all of those cables strewn about. But to me it was a glorious sight. It only took me a moment to locate the cable I wanted. Luckily there was room on the dishnetwork switch box so I plugged my cable in, Victory! I went up and programed my receiver and promptly started surfing channels. Wouldn't you know it, there was nothing good to watch on any channel.

1 comments:

Dana Williams said...

Love it! You evil little rule breaker. See you this weekend.

Heston's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Nicole's Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Photobucket